8 WAYS YOUR GUT IS TELLING YOU HE’S NOT THE ONE
You don’t want to believe it, but it might be true. Be honest with yourself, girlfriend. Nobody likes to realize they are years deep in the WRONG relationship. And honestly, you could still totally stay. Lots and LOTS of people stay in relationships they’re not happy in, but do you want that to be you? Maybe you do, actually, so maybe you should stop reading now.
But if you DON’T want to end up sad, old, and cheating on your partner in the bathroom of a dive bar during your lunch break, keep reading and TAKE FUCKING NOTES. These are 8 ways how your gut knows he’s not the one:
- You feel icky all the time – like actually dirty, and you just can’t tell why. And then you realize it’s because you haven’t showered in days. And then you realize that you’re depressed. And then you realize you’re depressed because your gut just knows something that you don’t want to hear.
- You don’t trust him – to do your laundry anymore. You used to let him do ALL the laundry: your towels, your DELICATES. But not you just don’t want him to touch any of your things ever again. LOOK INTO IT.
- Your friends never liked him – they just seemed to always be telling him something with their eyes. It could have been “get away from our friend, “ or, “get out while you still can.” It’s honestly very hard to read eyes.
- He never buys you the right presents – they are always so sentimental and related to things that happened in your past or things you did together as a couple. JUST BUY ME EARRINGS OKAY??? No need to go all DIY every time there’s a holiday.
- He kept asking for consent – like ALL THE TIME. I mean, stop talking to me during sex. Just, like, get it over with, k, thanks.
- You find him almost too attractive – and sometimes you can’t stop looking at his face because it’s stupidly symmetrical, which only serves to highlight how UN-symmetrical you are, which is absolutely not okay.
- Your parents like him – which is NOT supposed to happen. They are supposed to be the biggest skeptics.
- He kneeled wrong – when he proposed he kneeled at a 35-degree angle – WRONG. Sorry, no, bye.