HOW TO STAY STRESS FREE THIS SUMMER WHEN TRAVELING
Everyone has airport anxiety, but there are ways to avoid the worst stresses. I have airport stress, airplane stress, travel stress, line stress, etc. You name it, it stresses me out. But traveling can be relaxing if you follow these steps. I promise to try them if you promise too. Stay stress free when you travel!
1. Give yourself PLENTY of time. There is nothing worse than being confronted with an hour-long security line upon entering the airport. So just build in some time for that possibility.
2. Get Global Entry which comes with TSA Pre-Check. This allows to skip the crazy security line, keep your shoes on, keep everything inside your bags, AND skip customs lines when you re-enter the US after traveling abroad. This saves tons of time and stress.
3. Have a good attitude when going through security as well, that helps make sure they don’t mess with you.
4. Keep your eyes peeled for new serene spaces at certain airports. They have started to realize how unpleasant all common areas at airports are, so they have started building yoga rooms and quiet areas.
5. Prepare yourself by downloading some relaxing music and a meditation app or two to your phone. These can be really useful in drowning out airport nuttiness.
6. If you are really scared of flying, look up the stats. They show that MANY fewer people die in airplane accidents than in car accidents. In reality, planes carry millions of people safely all over the world every day with no problems at all.
STAY CALM AND KNOW WHERE YOU’RE GOING
7. You can also practice calming breathing exercising during the flight itself in order to force your body to calm down.
8. Once you get to your destination, know where you’re going. Have your flight info ready so that you can just show airport staff and they can direct you no matter what language they speak.
Stay calm! It will all be fine.