5 REASONS WHY IT’S TOTALLY COOL TO BE A THERAPIST FOR YOUR BOYFRIEND
I know what you’re thinking. It’s bad to be your boyfriend’s therapist. He needs to be able to handle those sorts of things on his own. It makes your dynamic different and weird. BUT GUYS. Being my boyfriend’s therapist has actually been AWESOME.
So I have recently become my boyfriend’s therapist and I HAVE TO TELL YOU it has been amazing for our relationship. Here are my 5 reasons:
1. We have a new place to have sex: my office!! It is clean and comfy, we only have it for an hour, and there is already a sound machine outside the office. It has awakened something in both of us, and we are never going back.
Related: What is Marriage Really All About?
2. I am getting RICH off all of the appointments he has made. I charge quite a bit an hour, and I told him that if he wanted to become my patient he would absolutely have to pay full price. He was fine with it, so now I am finally getting close to realizing our dream of buying a house! We have never been a better team than we are now.
3. We have been talking a lot about his childhood lately, and even though I know his parents quite well, I am gaining a new perspective on them. I used to like spending time with them, but now I feel the same resentment towards them that my boyfriend feels. We can’t go over for the holidays anymore (I screamed at his mom recently before leaving and slamming the door), but my boyfriend has never felt more understood!
4. I recently have learned A LOT about my boyfriend’s ex-wife. He told this story about how she slapped him across the face once and I haven’t been able to stop myself from tracking her down and finding out where she lives. So I am currently hiding behind a bush in her front yard, and I plan on slapping HER across the face when she leaves for work tomorrow morning at approximately 8:35am.
5. My boyfriend talks a lot about wanting a kid and a family but being really scared to be a dad. His dad was kind of an asshole so he just doesn’t want to follow in his footsteps. I’ve been working really hard on getting him to see that he is not the man his father was. He is kind and sweet and loving and is going to be a great dad. What a surprise it will be when I tell him I’m pregnant! Can’t wait until our next session, yay!! There it is, 5 reasons