DON’T DRINK CRAPPY WINE, BUT ESPECIALLY IF IT’S ROSE!
Rosé is a wine, like any other, which means there are good ones and bad ones. But don’t drink crappy wine just because it’s the summer and they are there. Take a little more time and search out the good stuff. So I love a rose like any other basic B. But I hate bad wine. So sometimes I am faced with a conundrum when at my local bar or brunch spot. I don’t want to drink a shitty rosé. But man do I want to drink some rosé. Here are some good ones that will make you feel like a fucking adult.
GREAT ROSE WIH LIST TO EXPLORE AND ENJOY
1. So don’t shy away from American rosés – we have some good ones hidden up our sleeves
2. The four states to focus on are California, Oregon, Washington and New York.
3. The color goal (as the French do it, so do we) is a pale onionskin (i.e. a VERY light pink, almost a grey color)
4. But the best have depth, minerality and are dry and crisp
5. The best one out there right now is the EDMUNDS ST. JOHN BONE JOLLY gamay noir rosé from El Dorado County, CA.
6. Another gamay rosé great is FOLK MACHINE from Arroyo Seco in the Central Coast
7. The next comes from the Willamette Valley in Oregon and is the NORTH VALLEY pinot noir rosé from Soter
8. So another is the pinot noir ROBERT SINSKEY vin gris, which just refers to the very light pink/grey color the wine should have
9. The next great is from the Rogue Valley in southern Oregon an is called FAUSEE PISTE OYSTER SAUCE made form granache
10. Another is MACARI from Long Island made of Malbec and petit verdot
11. Look out for MATTHIASSON from Northern California
12. Another good one is FLOWER, FLORA AND FAUNA from Mendocino
13. A softer one is GRAMERCY CELLARS grown in Washington