Spanish Woman Dies After Bee Acupuncture Treatment

Spanish Woman Dies After Bee Acupuncture Treatment

WOMAN HAS SUDDEN ALLERGY TO BEE ACUPUNCTURE, DIES IN COMA

Have you ever heard of something called bee acupuncture?  I certainly hadn’t.  But a woman in Spain had what is now routine bee acupuncture and died.  She suffered a severe allergic reaction, went into a coma and died.  So it’s obviously an alternative medical practice.  But it is what you imagine it to be.  Instead of using needles, an acupuncturist injects bee venom into strategic acupuncture points on the body.  But sometimes, they even use live bees to inject the venom directly into the patient.  This case of the Spanish woman dying involved live bees.

TWO YEARS OF TREATMENT WENT FINE, BUT ALLERGY AT THE LAST

The reports came from a Spanish medical journal called the Journal of Investigational Allergology and Clinical Immunology.  The patient was a 55-year-old woman.  She had already been receiving this bee acupuncture once a month over the last two years.  She was receiving this treatment for stiff muscles and stress.  But death is not what the doctor ordered.  But it is a bit of a mystery.  The woman had no other illnesses, nor a history of such.  She didn’t have asthma, heart disease or any history of a bee allergy.  Over the last two years she responded “with good tolerance.”  But what does good tolerance really mean?  Her tolerance was good right up until she had an allergic reaction and died.

Read More:

Don’t Kill Your Husband After Googling Murder Plan

SPANISH WOMAN FELL INTO COMA AS AMBULANCE ARRIVED AFTER HALF AN HOUR

According to the journal’s report, “She developed wheezing, dyspnea, and sudden loss of consciousness immediately after a live bee sting.  An ambulance was called, although it took 30 minutes to arrive.”  That 30 minutes likely is why the woman died.  That’s a long time to wait for medical assistance for a severe allergic reaction.  The poor woman suffered such a severe drop in blood pressure that it caused “a massive watershed stroke and permanent coma.”  That led to multiple organ failure.  That sounds as dire as it gets when it comes to an allergic reaction.  So far there is no information of who the woman was, nor where in Spain this occurred.

ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE CAN BE DANGEROUS WITH NATURAL VENOMS, LIKE

Live bee acupuncture is a treatment within a category of treatments called Apitherapy. Apitherapy is an alternative medical treatment specific to substances from bees.  That can include honey, pollen, royal jelly beeswax and bee venom.  People seek these treatments, usually for pain and arthritis.  But for this Spanish woman it was one treatment too many and she died as a result.  So buyer beware.  Allergies can happen at any time, especially with any venoms from the wild.  Think about botox….  This can be scary stuff.  It can kill or maim you.  So be careful!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons