New York Fashion Week is an exciting event
Yes, we all survived the nine days of full fashion circle in New York City.
There were no editors stuck in elevators or streakers this time around, but the first day of shows started with a very sad cloud over us with the news of the death of Joan Rivers, who sadly passed away on Sept. 4.
In the best Joan-style way, we could attempt to say that “the bitch stole” the initial excitement of this so-expected and important week. Most people — especially in the industry — were sad and upset with Rivers’ passing; she was the one who brought fashion to life on the red carpets by creating a whole new fashion attitude and behavior among the stars at these awards ceremonies. Every time you hear someone ask a celebrity, “Who are you wearing?” it is because of Joan — she asked it first. She was the real fashion police. At the Dennis Basso show, there was one minute of silence dedicated to her.
Read more: FAILED $850 MILLION EXTORTION, FAKE SWEDISH “MODEL” FLED AMERICA…
Selfies aside, the New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015 collections had everything fashionistas could hope for with extra room for some interesting ideas, such as: a giant Great Dane dog walking in the Hood by Air show, Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn taking part in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on the catwalk of the “Project Runway” finale, the garden extravaganza at the Kate Spade show, eyebrows becoming a statement at Rodarte and Badgley Mischka, no-makeup models walking at the Marc Jacobs show, “Jenny going gangster” at The Blonds …
Yes, it was a dreamy window display for every taste. Safari never looked so luxurious thanks to Ralph Lauren, and technology is slowly entering the catwalks.
We are very serious about completing fairly our fashion list for the best and the “not-so-sure-what-the-hell-that-was” selections, but most of all, we keep in mind that it is important to remember that someone has to do it — just like Joan Rivers did it!
Read more: BURNED: SWEDISH PARTY GIRL SWIMS IN CRIMINAL HOT WATER?
1. Best Trend: Fringe
2. Show That Should Never Had Happened: Britney Spears
3. Best Runway: Marc Jacobs
4. Chicest Runway: Carolina Herrera
5. Chicest Crowd: Ralph Lauren
6. Best Front-Row Moment: Any moment with Rihanna
7. Best Fashion Moment Incident: Jimmy Kimmel exposing the “insiders”
8. My Favorite Fashion Editor: Kate Lanphear
9. Best Show Inspiration: Monique Lhuillier
10. Best Model Appearance: Naomi Campbell closing the Diane Von Furstenberg show
11. Best Over-The-Top Show: Gareth Pugh
12. Best Drama Show Mood: Luar Zepol
13. Best Use of Furs: Georgine
14. Best Wraps: Nicholas K
15. Best Coat: Bibhu Mohapatra
16. Best Pants: Pamella Roland
17. Best Gowns: Carolina Herrera
18. Best Jewelry: Oscar de La Renta
19. Best Prints: Versus Versace
20. Best Lace Work: Oscar de La Renta
21. Best Bags: Alexander Wang
22. Best Nails: The Blonds
23. Best Hair: Proenza Schouler
24. Best Makeup: Donna Karan
25. Best Styling:
26. Best Show Music: Alexander Wang
27. Best Art Production: Marc Jacobs
28. Best Fashion Show: Marc Jacobs
29. Best Show Finale: Desigual
30. Best Men’s Fashion: Carlos Campos
31. Most Exciting Show: The Blonds
32. My Favorite Show: Oscar de La Renta
33. Best Runway Debut: Miley Cyrus accessories for Jeremy Scott
34. Best Phrase Heard: “Well, if you are giving her a driver to take her home, may we have one also?” — at the Lexus VIP Lounge at Milk Studios.
35. Best Fashion Villain: Some models’ eyebrows at Rodarte
36. Best Fashion Attitude: The designers who entered the Project Subway, a fashion show competition about sandwiches
37. Coolest Collection: Tommy Hilfiger
38. Fashion Rocks Best Collection: Versus Versace
39. Worst Collection: Yuxi Bi for the Supima competition
40. Best Collection: Proenza Schouler