COHABITATE WITH BOYTOY VS. STAYING IN APT WITH STUPID ROOMMATES
My boyfriend and I have been together the better part of a year, and my lease is almost up. I bet you can see where this is going.
I have never lived with a significant other before. But I feel like I am reaching the point in my current relationship where I am ready to make this next, big, step. He, on the other hand, just signed a new lease with his current apartment and his current roommates. Which is fine, one can always get a sub-letter. But he doesn’t know if he is ready. Which is also fine, except he absolutely hates his current living situation. So what to do?
Related: Why Moving is the Greatest Fun
- Does he move in with me, a person he loves and loves being around? Or does he stay in his apartment where mail is constantly stolen from the front porch and no one cleans the stairs?
- Does he decide to take our relationship to the next level? Or does he continue living with two younger boys who don’t know how to clean a dish or wipe hair off of the sink?
- Does he move in with me and pay a lot less money a month? Or does he stay in his current place where he pays to live with literal children in a tiny room that only fits a bed and a desk? What a conundrum!
- Does the boytoy move in with me and a friend whom he really likes? Or does he stay in his current place where his roommates’ friends totally suck and yell loudly about things they think are super funny but are actually just completely dumb?
- Does he get over himself and just make a life with me? Or does he continue living like a teenager in an apartment for young stupid boys?
Hot Apartment, Cold-Hearted Robbery, A NYC Renters Nightmare
Everyone: if you care about me at all, CONTACT MY BOYFRIEND. And tell him to just get over it and move in with me. K thanks bye.