15 THINGS YOU CAN BRING YOUR FRIEND WHO OWNS A BEACH HOUSE
There’s no need to own a beach house if you have a friend who owns a beach house. But bring them something nice every once in a while in exchange for all the sun and relaxation they are giving you. Relaxing by the beach and then not having to drive home in traffic sounds like the dream, but not if your friend, who owns said beach house, feels taken advantage of. You might never get an invitation there again! And that would be a travesty. Visitors and freeloaders need to beware. So find some nice gift and bring it to your friend. And let the invites roll in!
BEACH HOUSE VISITORS, FREELOADERS GIFT GUIDE
1. A trendy grown-up pukka shell necklace that makes you feel beachy and not thirteen and sad.
2. Some beer and some hipster cozies, which will keep your host boozin’ and happy.
3. Fancy pool shoes, especially if you are in and out of the pool constantly. These will make your host feel chipper and stylish.
4. Art that starts conversations. This can be almost anything. But don’t make it cheap and don’t make it crappy.
5. A fancy tiny perfume that makes your host feel like a goddess instead of a chlorine-soaked monster.
6. A nice cotton robe, which doubles as a swim cover-up as well. This is a useful yet stylish item to surprise your host with.
7. Card games that are fun for adults and not lame and don’t take forever.
8. Essential oils, because who wouldn’t rather be at the spa than at the ocean?
9. If your host also cooks for you (you are blessed) but also buy them a nice apron. They deserve it.
10. Coasters are a classic house-warming gift, but get fun ones that reflect your host’s personality so they know you like them for them and not because they have a beach house.
11. A nice lighter so that no one has to go over to the stove to light a joint.
12. Bocce ball set that will get the whole group playing (and off their phones).
13. A lovely sunhat is always a nice gift and can actually be useful when one always flies away and one always get soaked and is ruined forever.
14. Nice tea towels never go amiss. But don’t get boring ones because that would be lame.
15. Anything from Glossier.
There you have it beach house visitors! Don’t lose your sun hookup, especially in winter! Don’t just be lame freeloaders. You’ll lose your tan for sure!