FEAR OF SPIDERS CAUSES MAN TO BURN DOWN A GAS PUMP
So are you afraid of spiders? I think almost everyone is. But some people are totally terrified of the little buggers. Sure, some of them are really dangerous. But most, even if they bite you, are mere annoyances. But for one Michigan man, his arachnophobia almost led to disaster. He was pumping gas at a gas station when he saw a little spider on his gas tank. So naturally, his terror-fueled brain made him do something rather insane. He tried to burn the spider on his gas tank, while he was pumping gas, with his lighter. Somehow, he only burned down the gas pump.
ARACHNOPHOBIA IS REAL, BUT SO IS ABSOLUTE UTTER STUPIDITY
So the obvious happened. His gas tank caught on fire and the flames quickly moved to the pump itself. This could easily have become an explosive situation that could have harmed or killed a number of people. But a smart and fast thinking employee almost instantly shut down the gas line. Then she doused the live fire with a fire extinguisher before firemen even arrived. Just imagine what could have happened otherwise! The man, his car, the pump and the entire gas station could have burned up in an explosion. But the angels were clearly on the lookout. Whether they were there for the man with the lighter or the employee is anyone’s guess.
MIRACULOUSLY, GAS STATION EMPLOYEE SAVES THE DAY, NOT EVEN AN INJURY
Miraculously, both the man and his car were barely singed by the burning gasoline. But when authorities arrived, the man tried to blame the fire on static electricity. Eventually, he finally admitted his embarrassment and told them the truth. He tried to kill a spider with his lighter while pumping gas. The women employee told reporters, “He was sorry. He said he didn’t know. It is just one of those things that happen—stupidity.” But what about the spider? “The spider did get burned.”